We're proud of our team at Martindale Place and the values that shape our incredible community.See Available Opportunities
Why Work Here
Every day at work, you are making a difference in the life of a senior. The work you do matters!
You will be part of a team that begins to feel like family.
You will be encouraged, supported and challenged in your day to day work – by residents and staff alike.
Together as residents and staff we create a safe and caring community for seniors based on Christian values, respecting individuality and dignity.Read More About Our Vision, Mission & Values
Martindale Place is a unique Senior’s Community where Christian values are lived and excellent housing is provided. It’s a safe and friendly environment, which allows seniors to sustain their independent lifestyle without the worries and costs of maintaining a home. We are looking for someone to join our team who is passionate about providing exceptional service to seniors.
We are looking for an individual who can develop and implement an inhouse landscaping plan through all seasons on our campus. Ensuring that our high standards are always maintained for appearance and safety. Your work consists of outdoor work in all seasons, performing the upkeep of the lawns and gardens as well as all aspects of snow removal. You will also work with the rest of the environmental services team to maintain the interior of the buildings doing minor drywall repairs, painting, and assisting with preparing units for turnover.
- Implement a landscaping program, including equipment purchases and plan of action for all seasons.
- Operate and maintain power mowers, electric clippers, sod cutters, pruning saws, snow blowers, plow trucks, manual and automatic transmissions, and other landscape maintenance equipment
- Mow grass, trim hedges, prune bushes and trees, pull weeds, edge the walkways, plant flowers, etc. and give the grounds a manicured look
- Perform regular maintenance and minor repairs on the lawn care equipment and tools
- Mix and spray or spread fertilizers, herbicides, or insecticides onto grass, shrubs, or trees, using hand or automatic sprayers or spreaders.
- Shovel snow from walks, driveways, and parking lots and spread salt in those areas.
- Maintain irrigation systems, including winterizing the systems and starting them up in spring.
- Perform minor drywall repairs
- Painting around the campus, indoors and outside as required
- Assist with Unit Turnovers
- Collect and dispose of all garbage and recyclables.
- Must be available for on-call evenings / overnight in the case of snowstorms
- Genuine enjoyment and heart for serving seniors;
- Minimum completion of secondary school education
- At least 2 years of experience in commercial lawn/garden, property maintenance, including the operation of lawn/turf, garden, small engines, and snow removal equipment
- Demonstrate the ability to show initiative, innovation, and to work independently;
- Ability to follow through and complete overlapping projects;
- Formal horticultural training would be an asset
- Driver’s license required to operate motorized vehicles – with abstract
- Operating knowledge of lawn and garden equipment (shovels, rakes, hand saws, electric trimmers, lawn mower, tractor, and snow removal equipment)
- Team player and possess well-developed customer service skills;
If this opportunity is of interest, please submit your resume along with an expression of interest for consideration to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline: December 10, 2022
Martindale Place accommodates the needs of job applicants throughout the recruitment and selection process in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.
Thank you for your interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contactedSee Full Posting & Apply