We're proud of our team at Martindale Place and the values that shape our incredible community.See Available Opportunities
Why Work Here
Every day at work, you are making a difference in the life of a senior. The work you do matters!
You will be part of a team that begins to feel like family.
You will be encouraged, supported and challenged in your day to day work – by residents and staff alike.
Together as residents and staff we create a safe and caring community for seniors based on Christian values, respecting individuality and dignity.Read More About Our Vision, Mission & Values
Environmental Services Coordinator
The Environmental Services Coordinator is an individual who enjoys keeping our property to a high standard for buildings and grounds maintenance. Your day consists of a mix of planning and forecasting, staff and project oversight, as well as some hands-on maintenance work. You are responsible for day-to-day maintenance, planning capital projects, budgeting, and a preventative maintenance program. You are an integral part of the leadership team.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with residents to determine individual needs, resolve issues or concerns, and evaluate satisfaction;
- Maintains the appearance and upkeep of the community by implementing regular painting and decorating plans and ensure all furniture and fixtures are operational and in good repair;
- Ensures compliance is met with all applicable legislation. This includes regular inspection, evaluation, and appropriate documentation records of the physical condition of Martindale Place buildings and grounds;
- Conducts regular fire and emergency preparedness drills;
- Plans and implements a regular daily, weekly, monthly and yearly schedule of preventative maintenance activities to ensure the buildings and equipment are safe and in good working order;
- Identifies and investigates physical plant deficiencies and equipment malfunctions and takes the appropriate corrective action;
- Develops and maintains operating and budgetary departmental goals;
- Assists with facility capital planning and forecasting capital budgets;
- Provides leadership and direction to environmental services team members as well as training, scheduling and performance evaluations;
- Is the management representative for the Health and Safety Committee and is committed to ensuring the safety of all employees, residents, and guests in that capacity by completing all regulatory requirements.
- Responsive to emergency situations in the community as well as a willingness to be on call.
- Genuine enjoyment and heart for serving seniors;
- 2+ years Supervisory experience, preferably in the maintenance of buildings and grounds;
- 5+ years experience as a maintenance worker;
- Strong communication skills; both oral and written;
- Demonstrate the ability to show initiative, innovation, the ability to work independently;
- Ability to follow through and complete overlapping projects;
- Team player with strong leadership, team building skills and possess well-developed customer service skills;
- Demonstrated fiscal ingenuity and budgetary confidence;
- Intermediate computer skills, experience with Microsoft Office suite, including Excel and Word;
- Knowledge of the Occupational Health and Safety Act;
- Must be comfortable leading activities of faith on behalf of the organization
- Skills in light carpentry, plumbing, electrical work, painting and equipment maintenance is beneficial;
- Certification from a program in general maintenance is an asset;
- Current (within 6 months) original and acceptable Criminal Record Check, including Vulnerable Sector Screen
If this opportunity is of interest, please submit your resume along with an expression of interest for consideration to firstname.lastname@example.org
Martindale Place accommodates the needs of job applicants throughout the recruitment and selection process in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.
Thank you for your interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contactedSee Full Posting & Apply