Apply to This Job
Part Time - Permanent
April 12, 2021
Cook (Part Time, Permanent)
Martindale Place is a unique Senior’s Community where Christian values are lived and excellent housing is provided. It’s a safe and friendly environment, which allows seniors to sustain their independent life-style without the worries and costs of maintaining a home.
Cooks are accountable to the Head Chef and Sous Chef and assists with all aspects of the dining experience for the residents of Martindale Place, striving to regularly exceed the expectations of the residents and supporting the Head Chef with the daily operations of the kitchen.
- Prepare high quality food that regularly exceeds expectations;
- Promote a high level of customer service in all aspects of the residents dining experience;
- Provide creative ways to make mealtimes unique and memorable;
- Strive to surprise and delight our residents with their favourite meals;
- Accommodate residents who may have health related restrictions;
- Strive to prepare food with attention to detail maintaining a clean and healthy environment for staff and residents alike;
- Ensure that all food is received, stored and prepared according to appropriate standards;
- Genuine enjoyment and heart for serving seniors;
- Degree or diploma from a culinary program preferred;
- Two or more years culinary experience in the hospitality industry with increasing responsibilities;
- Strong attention to detail and quality;
- Food handlers permit;
- As an experienced professional, you will demonstrate the ability to show initiative, innovation, the ability to work independently and possess excellent communication skills;
- You are a team player with developing leadership, team building skills and well-developed customer service skills.
- Current (within 6 months) original and acceptable Criminal Record Check, including Vulnerable Sector Screen
If this opportunity is of interest, please submit your resume along with an expression of interest for consideration to https://martindaleplace.com/employment-opportunities/
Deadline: April 21, 2021
Martindale Place accommodates the needs of job applicants throughout the recruitment and selection process in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.
Thank you for your interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted
Board of Directors - Member at Large
September 15, 2020
Join our Board of Directors
Our Board members are passionate about serving seniors. They are invested in providing affordable housing without compromising quality. They lend specific expertise to the governance of the organization through their professional knowledge and experiences. They profess a saving faith in Jesus Christ and provide spiritual leadership in the governance of the organization.
The Board of Directors is the legal authority for 60 Plus (St Catharines) Residences Inc. (O/A Martindale Place) As a member of the Board, a Director acts in a position of trust for the community and is responsible for the effective governance of the organization.
- Responsible for the effective governance and strategic leadership of Martindale Place
- Influence the strategic plan for Martindale Place
- Ensuring strong fiduciary oversight and financial management
- Fundraising and resource development
- Attend monthly board meetings and strategic planning sessions
- Commit time as required to fulfill the responsibilities of a board member
WE ENCOURAGE CANDIDATES WITH:
- Experience with not-for-profit organizations
- Competency in one or more of the following areas: organizational management, financial management, policy development, strategic planning, accounting, government relations/advocacy, fundraising, marketing/public relations, human resources, legal experience
Board members hold office for a term of three years with renewal options for further three-year terms. Board meetings typically take place at 3 p.m. on the last Monday of each month at Martindale Place.
Applications and questions regarding Martindale Place or the application process can be directed to Corinna Visser, Executive Director at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 905-988-9414 ext. 2224 during business hours.