Apply to This Job
Landscaping- Grounds Maintenance Student/Worker
(Full Time, Summer Contract)
May 6, 2020
Martindale Place is a unique Senior’s Community where Christian values are lived and excellent housing is provided. It’s a safe and friendly environment, which allows seniors to sustain their independent life-style without the worries and costs of maintaining a home.
The Landscaping- Grounds Maintenance Student/Worker is a motivated individual who loves to serve seniors, finds satisfaction in keeping the buildings and grounds in pristine condition. This position is dependent on funding from the Canada Summer Jobs Program
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop landscape “refresh and renewal” plan for various areas of our campus
- Begin construction on some aspects of above-mentioned plan
- Maintain garden beds by recommending new and replacing plants that are not thriving
- Pruning and trimming of shrubs/plants
- Keeping garden beds weed free
- Repairing lawns
- Operate various pieces of equipment, including, but not limited to four-wheeler, push mowers, leaf blowers, trimmers, wheelbarrow, etc.
- Ensure that parking lots, sidewalks and curbs are clean and free of debris.
- Attend training and safety meetings
- College Diploma/Certification – Preference will be provided for those who are in process or have completed College Certification in a Landscape or Horticulture program.
- Genuine enjoyment and heart for serving seniors
- Ability to work with little supervision and maintain a high level of performance
- Customer-oriented and friendly
- Possesses excellent time management and organizational skills
- Working quickly without compromising quality
- Awareness of safe environmental practices
- Able to cope with the physical, mental, and emotional demands of the job
If this opportunity is of interest, please submit your resume along with an expression of interest for consideration to https://martindaleplace.com/employment-opportunities/
Deadline: May 11, 2020
Martindale Place accommodates the needs of job applicants throughout the recruitment and selection process in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.
Thank you for your interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted
January 1, 1970