Apply to This Job
Board of Directors - Member at Large
September 15, 2020
Join our Board of Directors
Our Board members are passionate about serving seniors. They are invested in providing affordable housing without compromising quality. They lend specific expertise to the governance of the organization through their professional knowledge and experiences. They profess a saving faith in Jesus Christ and provide spiritual leadership in the governance of the organization.
The Board of Directors is the legal authority for 60 Plus (St Catharines) Residences Inc. (O/A Martindale Place) As a member of the Board, a Director acts in a position of trust for the community and is responsible for the effective governance of the organization.
- Responsible for the effective governance and strategic leadership of Martindale Place
- Influence the strategic plan for Martindale Place
- Ensuring strong fiduciary oversight and financial management
- Fundraising and resource development
- Attend monthly board meetings and strategic planning sessions
- Commit time as required to fulfill the responsibilities of a board member
WE ENCOURAGE CANDIDATES WITH:
- Experience with not-for-profit organizations
- Competency in one or more of the following areas: organizational management, financial management, policy development, strategic planning, accounting, government relations/advocacy, fundraising, marketing/public relations, human resources, legal experience
Board members hold office for a term of three years with renewal options for further three-year terms. Board meetings typically take place at 3 p.m. on the last Monday of each month at Martindale Place.
Applications and questions regarding Martindale Place or the application process can be directed to Corinna Visser, Executive Director at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 905-988-9414 ext. 2224 during business hours.
Part Time - Permanent
November 25, 2020
Bookkeeper/Payroll Clerk (Part Time, Permanent)
Martindale Place is a unique Senior’s Community where Christian values are lived and excellent housing is provided. It’s a safe and friendly environment, which allows seniors to sustain their independent life-style without the worries and costs of maintaining a home. Our campus is growing and we are looking for people to join our team who are passionate about providing exceptional service to seniors.
The Bookkeeper/Payroll Clerk is responsible for conducting all day to day financial functions of Martindale Place including accounts receivable, accounts payable, payroll and benefits administration. The Bookkeeper/Payroll Clerk also acts as the primary resource for timely, accurate financial information employee’s and vendors.
- Keep financial records and establish, maintain and balance various accounts
- Post journal entries and reconcile accounts
- Prepare trial balance of books
- Maintain general ledgers
- Prepare financial statements
- Maintain records of employee attendance, leave and overtime to calculate pay and benefit entitlements
- Complete and submit payroll remittances
- Prepare and verify statements of earnings for employees
- Complete, verify and process forms and documentation for administration of benefits.
- Provide information to employees on payroll matters and benefit plans
- Genuine enjoyment and heart for serving seniors
- A minimum of 1 year of experience with business finances
- Experience with Payroll and benefit administration preferred
- Proficiency with Excel and Sage 50 (Simply Accounting)
- Diploma in Accounting, Bookkeeping or Payroll is beneficial
- Ability to set priorities, develop a work schedule, monitor progress towards goals, and track details/data/information/activities.
- Speak, listen and write in a clear, thorough and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques.
- Current (within 6 months) original and acceptable Criminal Record Check, including Vulnerable Sector Screen
If this opportunity is of interest, please submit your resume along with an expression of interest for consideration to https://martindaleplace.com/employment-opportunities/
Deadline: December 5th
Martindale Place accommodates the needs of job applicants throughout the recruitment and selection process in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.
Thank you for your interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted