Apply to This Job
Board of Directors - Member at Large
September 15, 2020
Join our Board of Directors
Our Board members are passionate about serving seniors. They are invested in providing affordable housing without compromising quality. They lend specific expertise to the governance of the organization through their professional knowledge and experiences. They profess a saving faith in Jesus Christ and provide spiritual leadership in the governance of the organization.
The Board of Directors is the legal authority for 60 Plus (St Catharines) Residences Inc. (O/A Martindale Place) As a member of the Board, a Director acts in a position of trust for the community and is responsible for the effective governance of the organization.
- Responsible for the effective governance and strategic leadership of Martindale Place
- Influence the strategic plan for Martindale Place
- Ensuring strong fiduciary oversight and financial management
- Fundraising and resource development
- Attend monthly board meetings and strategic planning sessions
- Commit time as required to fulfill the responsibilities of a board member
WE ENCOURAGE CANDIDATES WITH:
- Experience with not-for-profit organizations
- Competency in one or more of the following areas: organizational management, financial management, policy development, strategic planning, accounting, government relations/advocacy, fundraising, marketing/public relations, human resources, legal experience
Board members hold office for a term of three years with renewal options for further three-year terms. Board meetings typically take place at 3 p.m. on the last Monday of each month at Martindale Place.
Applications and questions regarding Martindale Place or the application process can be directed to Corinna Visser, Executive Director at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 905-988-9414 ext. 2224 during business hours.