See below for our current employment opportunities!
Martindale Place is a unique, 60 Plus, Not for Profit Seniors Community where Christian values are appreciated and excellent housing is provided. It’s a safe and friendly environment, allowing seniors to sustain their independent life-style without the worries and costs of maintaining a home.
Martindale Place consists currently of 118 units and is located in St Catharines, ON.
Construction has begun on “Martindale Commons” that will add 70 units. Martindale Commons will provide the opportunity for residents to live independently with enhanced services, including meals, housekeeping and laundry.
Anticipated opening is August 2018. To follow along on our construction progress, check out our photos here.
Martindale Place welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Apply to This Job
Full Time - Salary
June 27, 2018
Sous Chef (Full Time, Permanent)
Martindale Place is a unique Senior’s Community where Christian values are lived and excellent housing is provided. It’s a safe and friendly environment, which allows seniors to sustain their independent life-style without the worries and costs of maintaining a home. Our campus is growing and we are looking for people to join our team who are passionate about providing exceptional service to seniors.
The Sous Chef is accountable to the Head Chef and assists with all aspects of the dining experience for the residents of Martindale Place, striving to regularly exceed the expectations of the residents and supporting the Head Chef with the daily operations of the kitchen.
- Prepare high quality food that regularly exceeds expectations;
- Promote a high level of customer service in all aspects of the residents dining experience;
- Assist the Head Chef in the development of menus that are nutritious, delicious, and pleasing to the eye within the budgeted amounts;
- Assist with maintaining the operating and budgetary departmental goals;
- Support the Head Chef in maximizing purchasing power while maintaining or exceeding quality and service standards;
- In the absence of the Head Chef, oversee and co-ordinates all Culinary Service Staff;
- Assist with in-service training and orientation of new employees with the guidance of the Head Chef;
- Is aware of employees and supervisor’s responsibilities and follows all health and safety policies and procedures;
- Assists the Head Chef with delegating of tasks tasks to all staff so that the kitchen and dining areas are maintained at high levels of cleanliness and quality.
- Genuine enjoyment and heart for serving seniors;
- Degree or diploma from a culinary program preferred;
- Five or more years culinary experience in the hospitality industry with increasing responsibilities;
- Demonstrated ability to create nutritiously balanced menus;
- Strong attention to detail and quality;
- Food handlers permit;
- You are required to have demonstrated fiscal ingenuity, budget confidence;
- As an experienced professional, you will demonstrate the ability to show initiative, innovation, the ability to work independently and possess excellent communication skills;
- You are a team player with developing leadership, team building skills and possess well-developed customer service skills.
- Basic to intermediate computer skills;
- Current (within 6 months) original and acceptable Criminal Record Check, including Vulnerable Sector Screen
Submit resume and cover letter
Deadline: August 5, 2018
Martindale Place accommodates the needs of job applicants throughout the recruitment and selection process in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.
Thank you for your interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted
January 1, 1970