See below for our current employment opportunities!
Martindale Place is a unique, 60 Plus, Not for Profit Seniors Community where Christian values are appreciated and excellent housing is provided. It’s a safe and friendly environment, allowing seniors to sustain their independent life-style without the worries and costs of maintaining a home.
Martindale Place consists currently of 118 units and is located in St Catharines, ON.
Construction has begun on “Martindale Commons” that will add 70 units. Martindale Commons will provide the opportunity for residents to live independently with enhanced services, including meals, housekeeping and laundry.
Anticipated opening is Spring 2018. To follow along on our construction progress, check out our photos here.
Martindale Place welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Apply to This Job
Environmental Services Coordinator
Full Time Salaried
January 23, 2018
Environmental Services Coordinator (Full Time, Permanent)
Martindale Place is a unique Senior’s Community where Christian values are lived and excellent housing is provided. It’s a safe and friendly environment, which allows seniors to sustain their independent life-style without the worries and costs of maintaining a home. Our campus is growing and we are looking for people to join our team who are passionate about providing exceptional service to seniors.
The Environmental Services Coordinator is an individual who enjoys keeping a property to high standards for buildings and grounds maintenance. Most of your day to day work is hands on maintenance work. You are also responsible for direct oversight of the maintenance workers and the housekeeping staff.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with residents and guests to determine individual needs, resolve issues or concerns, and evaluate resident satisfaction;
- Maintains the appearance and upkeep of the community by implementing regular painting and decorating plans and ensure all furniture and fixtures are operational and in good repair;
- Conducts regular fire and emergency preparedness drills;
- Plans and implements a regular daily, weekly, monthly and yearly schedule of preventative maintenance activities to ensure the buildings and equipment are safe and in good working order;
- Provides minor building, electrical, plumbing and equipment repair services to ensure the optimum functioning of the physical plant and equipment;
- Maintains operating and budgetary departmental goals;
- Forecasting, monitoring and reporting expenditures from the budget allocated to environmental services;
- Provides leadership and direction to environmental services team members;
- Responsible for scheduling and appropriating staff hours within the environmental department;
- Provides necessary in-service training and orientation of new employees with the guidance of the Executive Director;
- Co -chair of the Joint Occupational Health and Safety Committee.
- Genuine enjoyment and heart for serving seniors;
- Extensive experience as a maintenance worker;
- Demonstrated skills in: light carpentry, plumbing, electrical work, painting and equipment maintenance;
- Strong communication skills; both oral and written;
- Demonstrate the ability to show initiative, innovation, the ability to work independently;
- Team player with strong leadership, team building skills and possess well-developed customer service skills;
- Demonstrated fiscal ingenuity and budget confidence;
- Basic to intermediate computer skills;
- Recognized Certification or designation in a skilled trade or equivalent is beneficial;
- Certification from a program in general maintenance is an asset;
- Valid Ontario Drivers License.
- Current (within 6 months) original and acceptable Criminal Record Check, including Vulnerable Sector Screen
Deadline: February 12, 2018
Martindale Place accommodates the needs of job applicants throughout the recruitment and selection process in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.
Thank you for your interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted