See below for our current employment opportunities!
Martindale Place is a unique, 60 Plus, Not for Profit Seniors Community where Christian values are appreciated and excellent housing is provided. It’s a safe and friendly environment, allowing seniors to sustain their independent life-style without the worries and costs of maintaining a home.
Martindale Place consists currently of 118 units and is located in St Catharines, ON.
Construction has begun on “Martindale Commons” that will add 70 units. Martindale Commons will provide the opportunity for residents to live independently with enhanced services, including meals, housekeeping and laundry.
Anticipated opening is August 2018. To follow along on our construction progress, check out our photos here.
Martindale Place welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Apply to This Job
Full Time, Salary
April 26, 2018
Head Chef (Full Time, Permanent)
Martindale Place is a unique Senior’s Community where Christian values are lived and excellent housing is provided. It’s a safe and friendly environment, which allows seniors to sustain their independent life-style without the worries and costs of maintaining a home. Our campus is growing and we are looking for people to join our team who are passionate about providing exceptional service to seniors.
The Head Chef is responsible for all aspects of the dining experience for the residents of Martindale Place. You will strive to regularly exceed the expectations of the residents and their guests. You are responsible for overseeing the kitchen and serving staff.
- Prepare high quality food that regularly exceeds expectations;
- Promote a high level of customer service in all aspects of the residents dining experience;
- Develop menus that are nutritious, delicious, and pleasing to the eye within the budgeted amounts;
- Maximizing the purchasing power while maintaining or exceeding facility quality and service standards;
- Sources and orders services/supplies, focusing on obtaining the highest quality for the most reasonable price.
- Oversees and co-ordinates all Culinary Service Staff including scheduling, assignment, direction and discipline;
- Provides necessary in-service training and orientation of new employees with the guidance of the Executive Director;
- Is aware of employees and supervisor’s responsibilities and follows all health and safety policies and procedures;
- Delegate tasks to all staff so that the kitchen and dining areas are maintained at high levels of cleanliness and quality.
- Genuine enjoyment and heart for serving seniors;
- Degree or diploma from a culinary program preferred;
- Five or more years culinary experience in the hospitality industry with increasing responsibilities;
- Demonstrated ability to create nutritiously balanced menus;
- Strong attention to detail and quality;
- Food handlers permit;
- You are required to have demonstrated fiscal ingenuity, budget confidence;
- Strong communication skills; both oral and written;
- As an experienced professional, you will demonstrate the ability to show initiative, innovation, the ability to work independently and possess excellent communication skills;
- You are a team player with strong leadership, team building skills and possess well-developed customer service skills.
- Basic to intermediate computer skills;
- Current (within 6 months) original and acceptable Criminal Record Check, including Vulnerable Sector Screen
If this opportunity is of interest, please submit your resume along with an expression of interest for consideration to http://martindaleplace.com/employment-opportunities/
Deadline: May 18, 2018
Martindale Place accommodates the needs of job applicants throughout the recruitment and selection process in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.
Thank you for your interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted